New Australian Student Visa Policy Effective from 24th march 2012
From Saturday 24 March 2012, student visa applicants enrolled in Bachelor, Masters or Doctoral degrees at participating universities, regardless of their country of origin, will be treated as though they are lower risk, similar to the current Assessment Level 1.
This change will only affect participating universities and their pathway providers (where nominated). All other education providers, including VET and ELICOS providers and the Schools sector, will remain the same. A full list of participating universities will be included on DIAC’s website
Other measures that will commence from 24 March include:
- the current work restriction of 20 hours per week for all Student visa holders will change to 40 hours per fortnight (from 26 March 2012);
- Postgraduate Research (subclass 574) visa holders will no longer be limited in the number of hours that they can work once their course has commenced (from 26 March 2012);
- the maximum period of English language study for Schools Sector (subclass 571) visa holders subject to Assessment Level (AL) 3 and above will be increase to 50 weeks;
- Student Guardian (subclass 580) visa holders will be able to undertake ELICOS study on a part-time basis (less than 20 hours per week) for the duration of their visa; and
- the English language requirement for Schools Sector (subclass 571) visa applicants subject to Assessment Level (AL) 4, and the associated waiver for applicants from China, will be removed.
This is the summary of the information i receive from pearsonline . i have presented a details study to my agency staff members and will publish the same in the next post
Rana Babar Ali Khan